Steelguitar.fr - Le forum dédié à la Pedal Steel

Bienvenue sur steelguitar.fr Pour toute inscription nous acceptons les musiciens uniquement sous leurs VRAIS NOMS ET PRÉNOMS (par exemple "Stéphane Lefebvre"). Tout pseudonyme sera immédiatement rejeté. Merci
Steelguitar.fr - Le forum dédié à la Pedal Steel

Pedal steel, matériel, événements, musique, occasions . Le 1 er Forum Français regroupant les Joueurs de Pedal Steel, Lap steel et Résonateurs.

STEELGUITAR.FR
Retrouvez de nombreuses infos à propos de la Pedal Steel sur nos sites ressources: ----- http://www.pedalsteel.fr ----- http://www.pedalsteelguitar.fr -----
Prochains rendez vous importants: -------->>>
PROCHAINES RENCONTRES DE CHARLIEU (42) printemps 2017 - renseignements Éric Want ----

CISGF CHANOS INTERNATIONAL STEELDAYS 18-20 SEPT 2009

Partagez
Bernard Glorian
Grand Sage

CISGF CHANOS INTERNATIONAL STEELDAYS 18-20 SEPT 2009

Message  Bernard Glorian le Sam 18 Juil - 23:43

LES JOYEUX DE L'AN DERNIER !!....C'était la première...

voir le site de PAT et le lien CISGF pour les détails :
http://psg.pl.chez-alice.fr/
Digby Hardy
Membre Honoraire

CISGF 2009 - Chanos International Steel Guitar Festival

Message  Digby Hardy le Dim 19 Juil - 11:25

CHANOS INTERNATIONAL STEEL GUITAR FESTIVAL 2009, CHANOS-CURSON, 26600, FRANCE
18 - 20 SEPT. 2009

CISGF 2009 is in the final stages of preparation. If you intend to come please reserve your places as soon as possible because it helps us plan the event. Last minute attendees are welcome of course but registering early helps us to help you.

This year CISGF has 3 major events in 2 parts:

Part 1 - Friday 18 Sept. STEEL GUITAR CONCERT featuring Ron Kew (UK), Hula Blues (FR), Rod & Rosemary King (UK), Bernard Glorian (FR), Basil & Pat Henriques (UK), Chantal Hardy (FR) vocals, Digby Hardy (UK) backing guitar & vocals. There are only 200 tickets available for this event. Book early to avoid disappointment.

Part 2 - Saturday & Sunday 19 - 20 Sept. STEEL GUITAR CONVENTION - all players attending will be expected to play on stage for two 20 minute sessions. You can bring backing tracks if you prefer but there will be backing musicians availabe for you to play "live" music. Lunch and dinner are also available.

Saturday 19 Sept. after dinner there will be the inductions into the EUROPEAN STEEL GUITAR HALL OF FAME We expect to induct around 9 people of whom probably 3 will be French. This event will only be open to people who attend the CONVENTION.

Hébergement

Dernière édition par Digby Hardy le Lun 20 Juil - 10:57, édité 1 fois
Digby Hardy
Membre Honoraire

SUNDAY MORNING SEMINARS

Message  Digby Hardy le Ven 21 Aoû - 8:13

The programme for the CISGF Steel Guitar Convention is nearing completion and I am pleased to let you know that Ron Kew and Basil Henriques will each give a seminar on the morning of Sunday 20th September.

Ron will run through the key aspects of playing backing on PSG and will supply attendees with notes and a practice CD.

Basil will demonstrate the method of playing Hawaiian music on PSG.

Both seminars are free to members of the Convention.

SUNDAY MORNING SEMINARS

Because of the increase of the number of players this year we will use two venues: the Salle Familliale and the Church adjacent to it.

Digby Hardy
Membre Honoraire

Steel Guitar Concert & Steel Guitar Convention

Message  Digby Hardy le Mar 25 Aoû - 8:00

I have received a query from Tam asking whether the Concert and the Convention were the same. For example would a ticket to the Convention give you admission to the Concert? The simple answer is "No." The Convention and the Concert are two separate events.

Bernard G has suggested I post a clarification on the forum, a good idea, because it also gives me an opportunity to explain briefly some of the thinking behind our plans for CISGF, and since I've already done this for Tam, I'll publish my e-mail reply to him.

Hi Tam

In answer to your question, there are two separate events:

18 Sept. Friday - Steel Guitar Concert

19 & 20 Sept. Saturday & Sunday - Steel Guitar Convention

The Concert is a new development to help create a FESTIVAL of the steel guitar in Chanos Curson. We want people from the area to come and listen to the steel guitar and then to support our work and for some to maybe begin playing. The long term goal is to make Chanos-Curson and CISGF the centre of the Steel Guitar in Europe and give steelies a major european point of focus.

To do this we must have a very professional approach to organising the event. The most essential requirements, after the need for enthusiastic musicians, is finance and local support. I hope the Concert will generate some profit which we need to buy important equipment - PA systems and lighting for example, but also catering equipment - plates, knives, forks etc. Having our own equipment makes it much easier to organise the event.

The Concert itself will cost us 1640.00 euros (800.00 euros just for hotels for the musicians; the musicians are playing for free) so we must sell 137 seats out of 200 (69%) to meet these costs. After that we will receive income to support our development plan. So far we have sold 19 seats.

ESGHoF inductions are being held in Chanos but ESGHoF does not have enough financial income yet to stand by itself and so must be supported by income from CISGF pro temps. But the result of the inductions will be a big increase in international support for ESGHoF, and CISGF will benefit in 2010 because more people will come. This year the Convention has 14 players so far, I expect perhaps maybe 3 or 4 more will come http://www.chanos-isgf.org/attending%20players.html Last year it was 11 players. You can see that CISGF is showing signs of expanding.

I hope this explains the situation. I would be very pleased if you would buy a couple of tickets for the Concert but I haven't asked Convention players to buy tickets because we are concentrating on selling them to local people. En passant, it would also be helpful if players followed your example and bought Convention tickets early.

CISGF 2009 has taken a huge amount of organising and you cannot imagine how difficult ESGHoF has been. But the good news is that the CISGF committee in Chanos is now really working well and this morning we have finally resolved the outstanding difficulties with ESGHoF. I am certain that you will be delighted with the results when they are announced in September and the actual inductions in Chanos will add a quality and gravitas to the Convention.

With abiding affection, I look forward to seeing you again in Chanos.

Digby
Digby Hardy
Membre Honoraire

Sunday Morning Seminars - RON KEW

Message  Digby Hardy le Mer 2 Sep - 8:50

We will be holding two seminars in the morning of Sunday 20 September, one by Ron Kew on playing pedal steel back-up to a singer/song and another by Basil Henriques on playing Hawaiian music on pedal steel

Ron's seminar will be a talk and demonstration and he has prepared documentation and a practice CD as a handout. For those of you planning to attend Ron's seminar I've put together a sample PDF to give you a taste of what to expect. The seminars are free but only open to members of the CISGF Convention.
Ron's seminar sample

Dernière édition par Digby Hardy le Mer 2 Sep - 10:02, édité 1 fois
Digby Hardy
Membre Honoraire

Photo collage from the British Steelies

Message  Digby Hardy le Jeu 8 Oct - 6:20

The latest issue of the British Steelies Society quartely magazine carries these photos in a collage dedicated to non pedal players - you should recognise at least two:
http://www.chanos-isgf.org/WHAT%20NO%20PEDALS.pdf

(excuse j'ai fait le ménage dans les anciens messages sans importance particulière, et celui ci (sans doute à cause de la maintenance du jour) est réapparu comme créé aujourd'hui (?)...donc inutile d'y répondre une seconde fois les amis ! bernard )

Contenu sponsorisé

Re: CISGF CHANOS INTERNATIONAL STEELDAYS 18-20 SEPT 2009

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Mar 22 Aoû - 0:33