Steelguitar.fr - Le forum dédié à la Pedal Steel

Bienvenue sur steelguitar.fr Pour toute inscription nous acceptons les musiciens uniquement sous leurs VRAIS NOMS ET PRÉNOMS (par exemple "Stéphane Lefebvre"). Tout pseudonyme sera immédiatement rejeté. Merci
Steelguitar.fr - Le forum dédié à la Pedal Steel

Pedal steel, matériel, événements, musique, occasions . Le 1 er Forum Français regroupant les Joueurs de Pedal Steel, Lap steel et Résonateurs.

STEELGUITAR.FR
Retrouvez de nombreuses infos à propos de la Pedal Steel sur nos sites ressources: ----- http://www.pedalsteel.fr ----- http://www.pedalsteelguitar.fr -----
Prochains rendez vous importants: -------->>>
PROCHAINES RENCONTRES DE CHARLIEU (42) printemps 2017 - renseignements Éric Want ----

FRANKLIN FOR SCHUBERT !!

Partagez
Bernard Glorian
Grand Sage

FRANKLIN FOR SCHUBERT !!

Message  Bernard Glorian le Mer 10 Mar - 17:05

Extrait Message du jour de JOERG qui doit planer pas mal à cette heure !! sunny

"
thank you so much for your good wishes.
The birthday yesterday was one I will never forget.
The special surprise was, I got a parcel from Madison, TN. The Franklin clan all seem to have a very good timing ;-).
A photo of the new (but used) steel is attached. The photo is not up-to-date anymore. Paul Sen. changed the steel for me to a 9x9 copedent.
As you can imagine, that thing made my day.
Joerg

Mat Davallet
Admin

Re: FRANKLIN FOR SCHUBERT !!

Message  Mat Davallet le Mer 10 Mar - 17:38

Eh bé effectivement !!
9x9 copédent, ouch, ya plus qu'à se faire greffer des pieds et des genoux supp..
Happy birthday Joerg

Dernière édition par Mat Davallet le Mer 10 Mar - 17:47, édité 1 fois

Chef de l'apéro

Message  Fred Mabrut le Mer 10 Mar - 17:41

Joerg m'en avait parlé mais j'ai tenu le secret .

Happy birthday to you Joerg and welcome into the little Franklin family!
Do you know the serial number of this beauty ?

Joerg Schubert
initié

Message  Joerg Schubert le Jeu 11 Mar - 8:01

Hi,
thanks for the birthday wishes!

javascript:emoticonp('affraid') What in the hell is he doing with a 9x9 setup??

The answer is, Joerg likes this damn machines, the more complex they are the better and he likes to experiment. Especially the C6 setup is highly experimental. The steel was originally a 8x8. On the E9 neck Paul sen. added the LKLF lever were the "other Franklin change" the F#->G# on 1&7 D#->E on 2 went to. The new change (for me) B->Bb on 5&10 went to RKL. C6 got an additional 9th pedal. This pedal is used to get some hawaiian tunings on the C6 neck. The concept is to statically press and hold pedals and get a static tuning like my favorite B11. For the rest of the C6 changes: I'm trying to learn C6 and just check the options all those levers which were already installed give me.
"Am I able to do justice to this steel"? Answer is: "NO, not in this life". But on the other hand "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn". I'm so happy I got one of this ultrarare birds.

Here is copedent:

BTW, the steel is #107, build around 1986. This is a collectors item, it's pure fun, it's a good alternative for putting the money in the bank accout, kind of an investment too. All this IMHO of course.

Joerg

Fred Mabrut a écrit:Joerg m'en avait parlé mais j'ai tenu le secret .

Happy birthday to you Joerg and welcome into the little Franklin family!
Do you know the serial number of this beauty ?
affraid
Fred Mabrut
Chef de l'apéro

Message  Fred Mabrut le Jeu 11 Mar - 18:17

It's a pity you don't came to Charlieu but let's hope we meet in Chanos this year,I'm eager to see and ear this monster and play a C6 jam with you!

Joerg Schubert
initié

Message  Joerg Schubert le Ven 12 Mar - 6:40

Hi Fred,
I'm also looking forward to Chanos.
This year there we be indeed an extra session going on. Everybody can sit in and play. To have 2 or even more steels playing together in a session will be very exciting.

Have a gig on the 17th, so unfortuneatly no Charlieu this year. Are you going to visit the Frankfurt music fair?

Joerg
basilhenriques
initié

Message  basilhenriques le Dim 14 Mar - 14:27

A VERY Happy birthday to you Joerg. (We didn't know)

I suppose the Fenders will take a "Back seat" for a while ?, but you know it's hard to beat the tone of a Fender for Hawaiian Style..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-qadsH0uZc
Joerg Schubert
initié

Message  Joerg Schubert le Dim 14 Mar - 16:47

Hi Basil,
no way the Fender will stay back. I play it every day.
The Fender 1000 is the holy grail for hawaiian sound IMHO.
I cannot imagine a modern allpull pedal steel with it's changer design will ever come close.

But if we talk about Country sound, the Franklin is nowadays the most recorded PSG in this musical idiom. It really cuts through the mix.
And it is very rare. Collectors items... But nevertheless I also love the PushPulls, a Franklin will also never sound like a P/P.

Fenders cable guitars are definitly not everybodies cup of tea but they are mine! This is the guitar I would take to the lonely island.

Joerg

Contenu sponsorisé

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

La date/heure actuelle est Mar 27 Juin - 11:33